We are free from the conflicts of interest which prevent many top law firms from acting against major financial institutions. We actively seek to act against banks, and funds.
CANDEY develops and implements strategies to resolve disputes and achieve our clients’ commercial objectives.
We bring experience of many large, high profile and innovative cases involving litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution for and against a wide range of financial services firms, including banks, fund and asset managers, corporates, insolvency practitioners, and individuals.
Our work spans the wholesale, corporate, wealth management, retail, asset management, brokerage and advisory sectors.
Our experience includes:
- Financial misselling and market manipulation, including LIBOR, forex, interest rate derivatives and other financial products
- Private banking, wealth management and financial advisory disputes
- Group shareholder actions under section 90A FSMA 2000 against large UK-listed corporates
- Bondholder and other structured finance disputes, including Russian bonds, Sukuks and other Islamic financial instruments
- Oil, gas and other commodities financing
- fraudulent payments litigation and recoveries
- consumer finance litigation, class actions and group litigation: we successfully acted for a group of individuals who challenged the Administrators of Funding Secure
- international debt recovery and security enforcement litigation – acting in England and overseas
- coordinating strategy in international & cross-border disputes