Leo is a partner and commercial litigator with extensive experience running High Court proceedings and trials. He acts for a broad range of clients comprising start-ups (including 2019 KPMG Best British Tech Startup), corporate finance houses, entrepreneurs and individuals. He has a track record of acting in complex, high value actions in both general commercial and shareholder disputes. His clients operate in a range of fields including hotels, online payment platforms, tech and corporate finance.
Leo has particular skill in representing small clients and individuals against large, well-heeled opponents and has done so in proceedings against public companies, banks, large corporates and high-net-worth families. Leo regularly works with funders and insurers in pursuing such claims.
Leo studied French at the University of London in Paris. After training at Edwin Coe LLP, he joined CANDEY in 2012. He speaks French.
Leo has worked on a number of reported cases including:
- Monde Petroleum SA v Westernzagros Ltd;
- Brown v BCA Trading Ltd;
- Peak Hotels & Resorts Limited v Tarek Investments Limited & Ors;
- Dial Partners LLP & Anr v Eastern Airways International Ltd &Ors;
- Irina Abramovich v Elarem Hoffmann;
- Kazakhstan Kagazy Plc & Ors v Maksat Arip & Ors.